Tuesday, December 06, 2005

 

hobo beans

2 lbs ground beef (or ground turkey)
1 large onion, chopped
1 can pinto beans , drained ..or 1 can chili beans, drained
1 can lima beans, drained...I leave these out quite often, and add a can
of baked beans
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1/2 C. brown sugar ( I often use the Splenda brown sugar replacement)
1 C. ketchup
1 C. barbecue sauce ( I like Sonney's sweet barbecue sauce)
1 tsp. mustard ( I like the spicy mustard...kicks it up another notch!)

10-12 servings/ 1 hr. 15 minutes with 30 mins prep time; or..cook on low
in crock pot for 4-6 hrs.

1. Cook together ground beef and onion until done.
2. Drain off any grease from ground beef and onion mixture ( I use a
colander for this. After meat mixture is drained , add all ingredients
to large pan or crock pot and mix well.
3. Simmer 45 minutes on stove or cook for 4-6 hrs. in crock pot.

If I add the baked beans, then I reduce the amt. of brown sugar.
Serve with crusty bread , and cheese to sprinkle on top of beans. Great
for this cooler time of the year.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?